Zephyranthes Lily, Rain Lily (Random color) - Bulbs (set of 10)
* check details on cart page
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc. The product is replaceable but not returnable.
Zephyranthes can be deciduous or evergreen bulbous perennials, with linear leaves and funnel-shaped or crocus-like flowers in spring, summer or autumn.
Leaves are a deep glossy green and measure 3 mm wide. Flowers, which at first resemble a new leaf, but emerge from their papery sheaves to a stunning whiteness; they are erect in perianth.
|Rain lily, Autumn zephyr lily, Peruvian swamp lily
|Up to 20 cm
|Easy to grow
- Plant 5cm deep in any moderately fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Protect from winter wet
- Generally disease and pest free
- If you want to store the bulbs store in a dry place
|Full sun to part shade
|Medium. Apply just enough moisture to keep the soils from totally drying out.
|Medium wet loamy to sandy soil
|Minimum 10 degrees Celsius and above
|Use any organic fertilizer.
Zephyranthes Lily care
- Plant zephyranthes bulbs in a place that receive full sun
- Dig holes and plant the bulbs 1-2 inch deep and 6 inch apart
- Sow bulbs into a hole made with your finger or the end of a stick
- Poke, drop, cover
- After planting, water well, gently soaking the soil and settling it around the bulbs
- Germination will begin in 10 to 15 days
- Rain lilies are happiest with little moisture during spring and summer, with a bit more water late in the season to trigger flowering
- Plant the bulbs immediately and do not store for long time
Zephyranthes Lily special feature
Its star shape attractive flowers increase the beauty of any empty space.
Zephyranthes Lily uses
- Effective in border fronts, rock gardens and along paths or sidewalks.
- The star shape flowers are mostly used for ornamental purpose in garden, balcony, terrace, etc.