Tamarind(Grafted) - Fruit Plants & Tree
Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) is an important fruit tree of semi-arid tropical conditions, is a long-lived tree. Every part of the plant is used for different purposes. The tamarind tree produces edible, pod-like fruit which is used extensively in cuisines around the world. Other uses include traditional medicine and metal polish.
This tamarind is desi tamarind as in our house but it is grafted, so the fruits will come earlier and the tree size is medium. It can also grow in big pot on terrace or sunny balcony. Tamarind tree can be grown in humid to dry hot regions. It is very sensitive to frost. It can thrive on variety of soils, but deep loamy or alluvial soils providing optimum condition for development of its long tap roots are ideal. It can tolerate slightly saline and alkaline soils.
TEMPERATURE - Between 20-40 Degree Celsius.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 12 meter (if planted in ground)
BLOOMING YEAR - Flowering occurs during October-November.
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting after 3-4 yrs after planting.
Growing Tips - Easy to grow even in pot/direct soil.
Fertilizer - Organic Fertilizer once in 3 month.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Tamarind Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.