Sweet Lemon / Kumquat(Grafted) - Fruit Plants & Tree
About the Kumquat
- Sweet lemons (Also known as Kumquats) are some of the easiest fruit trees to grow in garden pots/Containers botanically known as Citrus japonica.
- Tiny, bright orange kumquats hang like ornaments on the kumquat tree, making it a beautiful and fragrant houseplant.
- These are easy to grow and easy to maintain. The fruit closely resembles the orange in color and shape but is much smaller.
- It is a good source of vitamin C and also helps to boost your immune system.
- Citrus species grow in tropical and subtropical humid regions. pH should be between 5.5 and 6.5. If acidity is high, it is necessary to apply lime to achieve the optimum level.
- Easy to grow even in pot/direct soil wherever direct sunlight is available. Soon after planting, plants should be supported with a bamboo stick and irrigated thoroughly.
- While planting care should be taken to see that the bud joint should always be above the ground level.
- Temperature ranging from 15-35℃ is suitable for the cultivation of the crop.
- The bearing trees require little or no pruning. All diseased, injured, and drooping branches and deadwood are to be removed periodically.
- Citrus Variety requires consistent watering to produce healthy fruits. Giving it too much or too little water can lead to blossom and fruit drop and sometimes plant may die too.
- Check the top 2-inch layer of soil for dryness before watering. On windy and hot days, it requires more frequent watering.
- Micro-nutrients (zinc, copper, manganese, iron, boron, and molybdenum) are required in ample quantities. It should be supplied through the foliar spray.
- The application of organic mulch surrounding the basin improves the fruit quality and maintains a moist environment.
- Fruit drop in citrus can be controlled in the early stages of fruit development by applying two sprays of growth regulators- 2,4 D (15 ppm.) or GA3 (15 ppm) along with Benomyl (1000 ppm.) and urea (1%) at the time of flowering and after the fruit set.
- Never prune the plants during monsoon and wet climates.
TEMPERATURE - Between 15-35 Degree Celsius.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 4 meters (if planted in the ground)
BLOOMING TIME - Flowering 2 times in a year(spring & rainy)
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting after 1.5-2 yrs after planting. Major fruiting months is (July/September/November/January)
Fertilizer - Organic Fertilizer once in 3 months.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Lemon Plant||1 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into a slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.