Pomegranate Bhagwa - Fruit Plants & Tree
Pomegranate is Botanically known as Punica granatum from the Punicaceae family. Common names are Anar, Pomegranate, Dalimba, Dalim,& Anardana. It is a small to medium size growing deciduous subtropical tree.
It is considered to be a highly drought-tolerant fruit plant & has high demand in a summer month. The Pomegranate fruit is about 5-12cm in diameter, it is red, round, and looks like a red apple. The skin of the pomegranate is thick & there are hundreds of edible seeds within.
Pomegranate fruit rind finds application medically in chronic dysentery and diarrhea, the flower buds are used in bronchitis. It is a good source of vitamin C, potassium, fiber. Low in calories. Pomegranate seed dried with pulp is used as a spice in dishes. The fruit juice has a cooling and refrigerant property.
SPECIAL FEATURE - Highly drought tolerant plant, suitable for pot & fruiting thrice in a year. Pomegranate fruit is considered as one of the healthy fruit & available throughout the year in the Indian market. This variety is a prolific bearer with large fruit, fully red skin with soft seeds.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 6-10 feet height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms thrice in a year in many parts of India in January-February, June-July & September-October. Sometimes it may vary based on the climate of a particular area.
FRUITING TIME- Edible fruiting will start after one year after purchase.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Pomegranate Bhagwa Plant||2-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - More than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Make sure that your pot should have a drainage hole if planted in a pot.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content. The pomegranate plant can grow in almost all types of soil.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially up to 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. After full establishment apply any organic fertilizer(2-3 times in a year) or before the flowering season.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant after completion of every fruiting season. Apply Neem Oil if found any attack of insects & pest for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit. It happens very rarely.
- In the case of Grafted Plant, if found any shoots arising from below the grafting portion then prune it immediately.