Mosambi Variegata (Grafted)- Fruit Plants & Tree
Mosambi variegata leaves and fruit comes in double shades and tastes generally sweet, looks very much like a lemon with a greenish hue and is about the size of a tennis ball.
Mosambi botanically known as Citrus limetta from Rutaceae family. It is a small tree can grow upto 8 m in height with irregular branches and brownish-grey bark. Flowers are white small & wide. Fruits are oval and green, with greenish pulp. The fruit is more similar to a greenish orange in appearance. The fruit flavour is sweet and mild, but retains the essence of lime. The taste changes rapidly in contact with air, and will turn bitter in few minutes, but if drunk soon after being juiced, the taste is sweet. The flavor is a bit flatter than most citrus due to its lack of acidity. This fruit is mostly used for Juice purpose in Indian market specially on road side.
- Citrus species, grow in tropical and subtropical humid regions. pH should be between 5.5 and 6.5. If acidity is high, it is necessary to apply lime to achieve the optimum level.
- Easy to grow even in pot/direct soil wherever direct sunlight are available. Soon after planting, plants should be supported with bamboo stick and irrigated thoroughly.
- While planting care should be taken to see that the bud-joint should always be above the ground level.
- Temperature ranging from 10-30℃ is suitable for cultivation of the crop.
- The bearing trees require little or no pruning. All diseased, injured and drooping branches and dead wood are to be removed periodically.
- Citrus Variety requires consistent watering to produce healthy fruits. Giving it too much or too little water can lead to blossom and fruit drop and sometimes plant may die too.
- Check top 2-inch layer of soil for dryness before watering. On windy and hot days, it requires more frequent watering.
- Micro-nutrients (zinc, copper, manganese, iron, boron and molybdenum) are required in ample quantities. It should be supplied through foliar spray.
- Application of organic mulch surround the basin, improves the fruit quality and maintain moist environment.
- Fruit drop in citrus can be controlled in early stages of fruit development by applying two sprays of growth regulators- 2,4 D (15 ppm.) or GA3 (15 ppm) along with Benomyl (1000 ppm.) and urea (1%) at the time of flowering and after the fruit set.
- Never prune the plants during monsoon and wet climates.
TEMPERATURE - Between 15-35 Degree Celsius.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 5 meter (if planted in ground)
BLOOMING YEAR - Flowering March to April (sometimes too early or too late due to weather)
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting after 1.5-2 yrs after planting. Major fruiting month are (July/September/November/January)
Fertilizer - Organic Fertilizer once in 3 month.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Mosambi Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.