Mini Mosambi - Fruit Plants
This is the latest and new variety of mosambi in the citrus group. This plant does not grow much in height and it remains in dwarf easy to grow in pots and on terraces. The fruits are medium in size and generally fruit more than normal mosambi and its fruit 2-3 times in a year. The most amazing part of this fruit plant is it will start fruiting within a year after purchasing or sometimes it will be delivered to you with fruits on it.
Mosambi botanically known as Citrus limetta from the Rutaceae family. It is a small tree that can grow up to 5 m in height with irregular branches and brownish-grey bark. Flowers are white small & wide. Fruits are oval and green, with greenish pulp. The fruit is more similar to a greenish orange in appearance. The fruit flavor is sweet and mild but retains the essence of lime. The taste changes rapidly in contact with air and will turn bitter in few minutes, but if drunk soon after being juiced, the taste is sweet. The flavor is a bit flatter than most citrus due to its lack of acidity. This fruit is mostly used for Juice purposes in the Indian market especially on the roadside.
- Citrus species grow in tropical and subtropical humid regions. pH should be between 5.5 and 6.5. If acidity is high, it is necessary to apply lime to achieve the optimum level.
- Easy to grow even in pot/direct soil wherever direct sunlight is available. Soon after planting, plants should be supported with bamboo sticks and irrigated thoroughly.
- While planting care should be taken to see that the bud joint should always be above the ground level.
- Temperature ranging from 10-30℃ is suitable for the cultivation of the crop.
- The bearing trees require little or no pruning. All diseased, injured, and drooping branches and deadwood are to be removed periodically.
- Citrus Variety requires consistent watering to produce healthy fruits. Giving it too much or too little water can lead to blossom and fruit drop and sometimes plant may die too.
- Check the top 2-inch layer of soil for dryness before watering. On windy and hot days, it requires more frequent watering.
- Micro-nutrients (zinc, copper, manganese, iron, boron, and molybdenum) are required in ample quantities. It should be supplied through a foliar spray.
- Application of organic mulch surrounds the basin, improves the fruit quality, and maintains a moist environment.
- Fruit drop in citrus can be controlled in the early stages of fruit development by applying two sprays of growth regulators- 2,4 D (15 ppm.) or GA3 (15 ppm) along with Benomyl (1000 ppm.) and urea (1%) at the time of flowering and after the fruit set.
- Never prune the plants during monsoon and wet climates.
TEMPERATURE - Between 15-35 Degree Celsius.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 5 meters (if planted in the ground)
BLOOMING YEAR - Flowering March to April (sometimes too early or too late due to weather)
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting after 1.5-2 yrs after planting. Major fruiting months is (July/September/November/January)
Fertilizer - Organic Fertilizer once in 3 months.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1-2 Feet Height
|Growing Pot (Black color)
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into a slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.