Lemon Seedless - Fruit Plants & Tree
Lemon botanically known as Citrus limon, is a species of small evergreen tree/shrub from Rutaceae family. The fruits are used for culinary and non-culinary purposes throughout the world. The plant forms an evergreen spreading bush/small tree with 3–6 metres high if not pruned. The flowers have a sweet odour and are borne in small clusters in the axils of the leaves. Seedless Lemon have 52% Juice. Fruits are without any seeds. Greenish yellow colour fruits. Fruit is medium in size.
Citrus species, including lemon trees, grow in tropical and subtropical humid regions. Ph should be between 5.5 and 6.5. If acidity is high, it is necessary to apply lime to achieve the optimum level. The fruit, juice, and peel are used to make medicine. Lemon is used to treat scurvy, a condition caused by not having enough vitamin C.
- Easy to grow even in pot/direct soil wherever direct sunlight are available. Soon after planting, plants should be supported with bamboo stick and irrigated thoroughly.
- Main stem of the young sapling be topped at a height of about one meter from ground level, so that 3-4 well spaced branches be allowed to grow in different directions to form main limbs of the tree.
- The bearing trees require little or no pruning. All diseased, injured and drooping branches and dead wood are to be removed periodically.
- Citrus Variety requires consistent watering to produce healthy fruits. Giving it too much or too little water can lead to blossom and fruit drop and sometimes plant may die too.
- Check top 2-inch layer of soil for dryness before watering. On windy and hot days, it requires more frequent watering.
TEMPERATURE - Between 15-35 Degree Celsius.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 5 meter (if planted in ground)
BLOOMING YEAR - Flowering occurs 2-3 times in a year.
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting after 1.5-2 yrs after planting. Major fruiting month are (July/September/November/January)
Fertilizer - Organic Fertilizer once in 3 month.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Seedless lemon Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.