Golden coconut - Fruit Plants & Tree
Coconut is Botanically known as Cocus nucifera from the Arecaceae family. The tree is native to the South Pacific region and is widely cultivated in all the tropical & subtropical regions of the world, growing particularly well in coastal areas. The fruit of the tree is the most utilized nut in the world. It is one of the most useful trees in the world and is often referred to as the "tree of life". It provides food, fuel, cosmetics, folk medicine, and building materials, among many other uses.
It is believed to be an auspicious fruit and used in many rituals on pious occasions. Coconut is offered to deities in Hindu temples across the globe. It is a symbol of prosperity.
SPECIAL CHARACTER OF GOLDEN COCONUT
This variety of Coconut is a hybrid type, which is mainly grown for its fruits which utilized for Water purposes, but not for Copra purposes.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - 15-20 meters in height
FRUITING TIME- Edible fruiting will start after 4-5 years after purchase.
GROWING TIPS - It has been a tradition to gift a coconut tree for the house warming ceremony.
- Select Full Sun with Coastal Area will be best for growing Coconut.
- The coconut tree grows about 15 meters wide. The distance between two trees should be a minimum of 8-10 meters.
- It is not recommended for planting it in very congested places & Does well in a variety of soils - provided there is adequate irrigation.
- Planting Pit size of (1 x 1 x 1m) should be taken. Topsoil from these pits should be mixed with 50 kgs farmyard manure or well-decomposed cow dung manure, 1 kg of bone meal, and 1 kg of single super phosphate. Mix evenly to ensure proper distribution of all.
- Manuring and fertilizers are important as they ensure an adequate supply of nuts.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Golden Coconut Plant||1-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Black Bag||6-12 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - More than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3 inches) feels dry to touch.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially up to 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once a month. After full establishment apply any organic fertilizer(2-3 times in a year) or before the flowering season.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the bag & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the bag,
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit. It happens very rarely.