Custard Apple Gold(Grafted) - Fruit Plants & Tree
Custard Apple Botanically known as Annona squamosa from Annonaceae family. Common name are Sitaphal, Sugar apple red, Sweetsop. It is a small many branched semi-evergreen tree. The fruit is medium-large in size and gold in color with sweet in taste. The yielding of this variety is less when compared to balanagar. It can be planted in any corner of the garden and requires less water and does best in dry climates. This tree should only be planted outdoors in frost-free areas protected from cold winds. It is best grown in rich, evenly moist but well-drained soils in full sun to semi-shade.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 2-4 meter.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms in summer & spring season(May-September) in many parts of India, sometimes it may vary based on climate of particular area.
FRUITING TIME - Edible fruiting will start after 1 year of purchase.
SPECIAL FEATURE -
- Sugar-apple is high in energy, an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, a good source of thiamine and vitamin B6, and provides vitamin B2, B3 B5, B9, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium in fair quantities.
- The ripe fruits are edible, some are eaten raw but most often they are used in preserves, drinks, ice-cream, etc.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Custard apple(Grafted)||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - Grows well in hot and dry climate. It can tolerate long periods of dry weather. Grows well in winter season. Minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight needed.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Water to plants at least during flowering and fruits development is essential.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially upto 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. After full establishment apply any organic fertilizer 2-3 times in a year or specifically during flowering season.
PLANT PROTECTION - Generally it doesn't affected by major pest so, apply Neem Oil if found any attack of insects & pest for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit. It happens very rare.
- In case of Grafted Plant, if found any shoots arising from below the grafting portion then prune it immediately.