Bougainvillea orange - Flowering shrubs
Bougainvillea Botanically known as Bougainvillea spectabilis from Nyctaginaceae family. This is an evergreen shrubby vine, popular for its long-lasting, colorful flower bracts which appear periodically throughout most of the year. The vine species grow anywhere from 1 to 6 m tall, scrambling over other plants with their spiky thorns. They are evergreen where rainfall occurs all year, and decidous if there is a dry season. The actual flower of the plant is small and generally white, but each cluster of three flowers is surrounded by three or six bracts with the bright colors associated with the plant, including pink, magenta, purple, red, orange, white, or yellow.
Bougainvillea can tolerate hot, dry locations fairly well but flowers bountifully in full sun with regular watering. Regular pruning may be necessary to shape the plant or direct its growth since shoots often grow vigorously, but Bougainvillea tolerates trimming well. These vigorous shoots can stunt growth on the rest of the plant if they are left to develop. This is generally a low-maintenance plant. Plants often loose many leaves following a flowering period. This usually precedes a new growth flush.
What does make it Special???
The flowers are a beautiful and unusual shade of salmon orange. They have a multi toned appearance. This is a cross between Bougainvillea x buttiana types are of compact growth and can be grown as dwarf also. The bract size is medium. Their excellent color range makes them popular. It does well in areas of very high rainfall as well as very dry and hot areas.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It's growth are depends on the supporting structure but usually grow between 2 to 6 meters in height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It starts flowering with in a year after purchase and flower almost year round.
GROWING TIPS - It can grow almost in all type of soil and it can easily grown at any Indian Climatic condition.
- One of the best flowering climbers or shrub can grow on porch, arch, pergola and wall. Can be also grown as a stand alone bush.
- It grows and flowers best in full sun and it's flower frequency are totally depends on the sunlight exposure.
- They need low care and low maintenance. Bougainvillea are hardy plants. Care should be taken while planting new plants. Do not break the soil ball. They have very few and fine roots. If these breaks plants may die. Once established care is minimum. They need the occasional pruning to keep them in check. Avoid planting next to trees as they may climb up and take over the tree. Pruning should be done after the flowering is over. Water absolutely less. It is okay if the leaves wilt a little. The water stress makes them flower more.
- After 1 month you can transplant it into your permanent location in full bright light condition.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Bougainvillea Plant||1-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - It requires minimum more than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight. If planted in full shade the flowering frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. It requires very less water.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Apply any organic fertilizer once in a month for better health of the plant, apply water immediately after fertilizer application. For more vigours flowering apply any Phosphorus based fertilizer.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant in order to maintain good required shape. Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest & disease in case of any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1 month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits.