Barbados Cherry Tree for Sale | Buy Barbados Cherry Plant Online
malpighia emarginata is a tropical fruit-bearing shrub or small tree in the family Malpighiaceae. Common names include acerola cherry, Guarani cherry, Barbados cherry, West Indian cherry, and wild crepe myrtle.
What makes it special:
- Popular for its highest vitamin C content.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Perfect plant for outdoor garden.
Planting And Care
Refer our team for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening
- Sunlight of more than 6 hours a day is ideal for flowering and fruit development of plant.
- The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup(approx. 200 ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month during the main growing season (December-February)
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.