Banana Chakkrakeli - Fruit Plants
Banana (Musa sp.) is the second most important fruit plant in India next to mango. Its year-round availability, affordability, varietal range, taste, nutritive and medicinal value makes favourite fruit among all class of people. Apart from producing sweet fruits, the plants have many different uses. In fact, almost all the parts of a banana plant are useful. It is a perennial plant because it have suckers, which arises arising from lateral buds on the rhizome, take over and develop into fruit-bearing stems. It is good to grow in tropical and subtropical climatic regions wherever the temperature range are in between 15ºC – 35ºC with relative humidity of 75-85%.
This Chakkarakeli Banana are number one in taste and it is the costliest banana in Indian market when compare to other banana. Excellent in sweet but have poor fruit keeping quality. This plant is very delicious and mostly used to make fruit juice. Plant is slender, medium size, petiole borders open. The fruit is large and angular even when ripe. It has a white to yellowish pulp which is sweet when ripe although very starchy.
- Easy to grow even in container/but direct in soil will be better.
- Do not plant in full shady areas,, wherever minimum 4 hours of direct sunlight are available will be good for growing banana.
- Keep 1-2 main stem and remove the extra suckers from portion of corm at an interval of 5-6 week. because this will give more strength to the main plant
Bunch covering is an important practice after the full hands opens, it protects bunches against cold, sun scorching, against attack of thrips and scarring beetle.
Removal of male bud after completion of female phase is necessary. Once the process of fruit setting is over, the inflorescence rachis should be cut beyond the last hand otherwise it grows at the cost of fruit development.
- Check top 2-inch layer of soil for dryness before watering, if found dry then only water it. On windy and hot days, it requires more frequent watering.
TEMPERATURE - Between 15-35 Degree Celsius.
SUNLIGHT - Direct bright sunlight with minimum 4 hours of direct sunlight is essential.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 5 meter (if planted in ground)
BLOOMING TIME - Flowering occurs in every 8-10 months, sometime 12-13 month.
FRUITING TIME - It starts fruiting 12-13 months after planting.
FERTILIZER - Organic Fertilizer once in 10 month.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Banana Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or directly in the ground.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.