Anar Ganesh- Fruit Plants & Tree
Anar Botanically known as Punica granatum from Punicaceae family. Common name are Anar, Pomegranate, Dalimba, Dalim,& Anardana. It is a small to medium size growing deciduous subtropical tree.
It is considered to be highly drought tolerant fruit plant & have high demand in summer month. The Pomegranate fruit is about 5-12cm in diameter, it is red, round and looks like a red apple. The skin of pomegranate is thick & there are hundreds of edible seeds within.
Pomegranate fruit rind finds application medically in chronic dysentry and diarrhoea, the flower buds are used in bronchitis. It is a good source of vitamin C, potassium, fiber. Low in calories. Pomegranate seed dried with pulp is used as spice in dishes. The fruit juice has cooling and refrigerant property.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach upto 6-10 feet height.
BLOOMING YEAR - It blooms thrice in a year in many parts of india in January-February, June-July & September-October. Sometimes it may vary based on climate of particular area.
FRUITING TIME- Edible fruiting will start within in a year after purchase.
SPECIAL FEATURE - Highly drought tolerant plant, suitable for pot & fruiting thrice in a year. Pomegranate fruit is considered as one of the healthy fruit & available throught the year in Indian market. This variety is a prolific bearer with large fruit, yellowish red skin with soft seeds.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Anar Ganesh plant||2-3 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - More than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the top soil(2-3inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Make sure that your pot should have drainage hole if planted in pot.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content. Pomegranate plant can grow in almost all type of soil.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially upto 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once in a month. After full establishment apply any organic fertilizer(2-3times in a year) before the flowering season.
PLANT PROTECTION - Do regular pruning of the plant after completion of every fruiting season. Apply Neem Oil if found any attack of insects & pest for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2month)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transist. It happens very rare.
- In case of Grafted Plant, if found any shoots arising from below the grafting portion then prune it immediately.