Amla Banaras(Grafted) for Sale Online - Fruit Plants
Amla is Botanically known as Phyllanthus emblica from the phyllanthaceae family. It is quite hardy, prolific bearer, and much remunerative even without much care. It is also known as Indian gooseberry amlaki, amla, amia, amali, ambala, nelli,etc. Its importance lies in its high richness of vitamin C. It is the second-highest source of vitamin C among fruits next only to Barbados cherry.
Banarasi Variety - It is the oldest early maturing variety of amla. The fruit weight is 45-50 g per fruit. It has a light yellow color and six segments that appear as joined together is one of the characteristic features of this variety. Fruits are generally used for making murabba (preserve), candy, etc.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It can reach up to 2-5 meters if planted in the ground.
BLOOMING TIME - It blooms twice a year in many parts of India in winter & summer, sometimes it varies based on the climate of a particular area.
FRUITING TIME - Edible fruiting will start from 1 year after purchase.
GROWING TIPS -
- Select the sunny spot in your garden (4-6hours of sunlight). It is a very wild plant, grows in a variety of soil, but the soil should be well-drained & fertile.
- You can grow it in medium to big size pot, but directly in the ground is always best. Provide support in the initial days against wind & wild animals.
- Water it regularly in the summer & reduce the watering in winter.
- Provide organic mulch in the pot or near the plant base to protect to prevent moisture evaporation & weed growth.
INSIDE THE BOX
|2-3 Feet Height
|Growing Pot (Black color)
*above specifications are for indicative purposes only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - More than 6 hours of Direct Sunlight.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Water when the topsoil(2-3inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone.
SOIL TYPE - The soil should be well-drained, fertile & rich in organic content. Amla plants can grow in almost all types of soil.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Initially up to 1 year apply any organic fertilizer once a month. After full establishment apply any organic fertilizer before the flowering season only.
PLANT PROTECTION - Generally it doesn't affect major pests so, apply Neem Oil if found any attack of insects & pests for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not overwater it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Provide support with stick/moss stick(vine plant) in order to make straight growth, for needed plant only.
- Make sure that plants get enough indirect bright light for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting(minimum 1-2 months)
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transit. It happens very rarely.
- In the case of Grafted Plant, if found any shoots arising from below the grafting portion then prune it immediately.