Adenium Red - Flowering Plants
Adenium Botanically known as Adenium obesum from Apocynaceae family. Common name are Adenium, Desert rose, Bangkok kalanchuchi, Japanese frangipani etc. It is an evergreen/drought-deciduous succulent shrub,blooms year around. Adeniums are popular low maintenance house plant & appreciated for their colorful flowers and also for their unusual, thick stem & thick shiny leaves. They can be grown for many years in a pot and are commonly used for bonsai. It grow Best in Humid & warm climate.
What does make it Special??
- The notion that Adenium obesum (Desert Rose) brings luck is very recent.
- As the name indicates, it is a xerophytic plant or low maintenace plant that survive well in water-scarce areas.
- Interestingly, it produces flowers throughout the year, when kept in full sunlight, requires less water and space too. It is a hardy plant and can withstand drought.
- The intresting about this plant it have very less leaves and more flowers, leaves fall off and new leaves come in many times in a year.
- It can survive without water even for 15-20 days, so no fear while going out.
- Once planted can leave more than 15 yrs.
- Easy to start your practice of making Bonsai with this plant.
MAXIMUM HEIGHT - It generally reaches less than 1 meter height, but it also depend on the maturity & it's location.
BLOOMING YEAR - Bloom Almost Year round, if found Good Amount of Bright light.
- Plants can be grown in small pots also, a minimum pot size of around 30 cms will be okay, for bonsai use flat shape planter.
- Adeniums require lots of light and a very well drained soil to grow.
- Full sun with a minimum of 4hrs of direct sunlight is a must. Use around 25% sand in potting mix. They should not be planted in the ground. If this has to be done - they can be planted on raised mounds or in raised beds.
- Over water will kill your Adenium plant, so watering schedule is most important.
INSIDE THE BOX
|1.||Adenium red Plant||1-2 Feet Height|
|2.||Growing Pot (Black color)||6 Inch|
*above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
LIGHT CONDITION - These plants require much sunlight for proper development. If they are growing in cloudy locations, they become spindly and develop less vibrant blooms. So minimum 4 hrs of Direct sunlight is prefer. If planted in full shade the blooming frequency will reduced.
WATERING SCHEDULE - Remember Over water can kill your Adenium plant. Water when the top soil(2-3 inch) feels dry to touch. Always maintain moisture near the root zone. Try to apply water in the morning or evening.
SOIL TYPE - The plant needs a good quality, coarse potting mix of 65% perlite, 5% rock, 5% sand and 20% top soil with coir or a small percentage of peat. But for initial 1st year the soil should be well drained, fertile & rich in organic content is enough, previous one is recommended for aged or bonsai type plants.
TEMPERATURE - The average temperature should be 25-35 Degree Celsius. High humid and warm temperature is favorite for Adenium.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION - Established adeniums do not need much care. In fact, many people never fertilize their adeniums and they grow great, These plants require special care, especially after entering dormant periods. So add Phosphorus reach fertilizer 2-3 times in a year, especially when the plant is in dormant period.
PLANT PROTECTION - Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. Generally it is not affected by any pest or disease, in case of any infections, you can use Neem oil spray for primary treatment.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or you can remain in the same pot for 6-7 month.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.